The days are getting longer and warmer and it’s time to get out the barbecue recipes again. I think we Swiss have a thing for marinating our barbeque meat and chicken, at least in our family we rarely barbecue food without marinating it first. This recipe with herbs, mustard and lemon juice goes especially well with chicken and pork, but can be used for beef too.
Recipe for 4 people
- 4 chicken breasts (about 600g)
- 6 tbsps vegetable oil
- 2 tbsps Swiss mustard (or less if you use a different, more spicy mustard)
- 3 tbsps lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mixed herbs (for example rosemary, parsley, thyme, sage)
- a few splashes of Tabasco sauce
- a few splashes of Worcester sauce
- 1 large garlic clove, finely cut (or pressed through garlic press)
Cut the chicken breasts into small cubes. In a bowl, mix all the other ingredients and add the chicken. Mix well and marinate for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
Put the chicken onto skewers and cook them on the barbecue.
Sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
The aspargus season is nearing its start. Our favourite spring salad for barbecues is this Spring Celebration Salad by Green Kitchen Stories with aspargus, yellow lentils, potatoes and more, as shown in the photo below.